council tax rebate maternity leave

Your browser isn't supported, it looks like you're using an old web browser.
Council Tax Benefit is ending in April 2013.
Eligibility, you may get Council catia sweep function Tax Benefit if: you pay Council Tax youre on a low income or claiming benefits your savings are below a certain level usually 16,000.
Pensions Service Telephone: Textphone: Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm Saturday, 9am to 1pm If youre not claiming other benefits Get a Council Tax Benefit form from your local council or send them form hctb1.For example, a child leaves school, someone moves in or out or someone in your home starts work or volunteering.The most Council Tax Benefit you can get is a 100 reduction.Second Adult Rebate, instead of Council Tax Benefit you may qualify for a Second Adult Rebate.Who isnt eligible, usually, you wont get Council Tax Benefit if: your savings are over 16,000 unless you get Guarantee credit of Pension Credit youre an asylum seeker or sponsored to be in the.To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now.You can claim in advance, up to 13 weeks (or 17 weeks if youre 60 or over).For example, because youre moving.It will be replaced by other schemes.Second Adult Rebate, you may get Second Adult Rebate if the person you share your home with is: 18 or over not your partner on a low income not paying you rent not paying Council Tax themselves, you may get the Second Adult Rebate even.Second adult circumstances, council Tax bill reduction.How to Claim If youre claiming other benefits Contact Jobcentre Plus to claim Council Tax Benefit (including Second Adult Rebate) with your claim for the following benefits: Employment and Support Allowance Income Support Jobseekers Allowance Jobcentre Plus will send details of your claim to your.You can apply if you own your home, rent, live rent-free, are unemployed or working.This is called a discretionary housing tax rebate eligibility payment.How much get depends on: where you live your household income this includes things like savings (over 6,000 pension, your partners income if your children live with you if other adults live with you.The Pensions Service will send details of your claim to your local council.Tell your local council if your circumstances change as this can affect how much you get.